To catch up with the action…
The investigators follow up some further leads in NY:
- They interview Erica Carlyle
- Sneak into her library during a party at her estate and find and open a safe containing several cthulhu tomes that were owned by her brother
- Gather some more background on the members of the Carlyle Expedition
The investigators travel to London via steam ship and take up residence in the Savoy Hotel on the Stand.
- They meet with Mickey Mahoney who gives them three clippings of stories that Jackson Elias seemed very interested in.
- Visit the Penhew Foundation and speak with Edward Gavigan
- Follow up on one of the articles from the Articles from the Scoop and stake out the house of an eccentric painter, Miles Shipley taking up temporary residence in the abandoned row house that is next door.
During the stakeout, Elsie Haugstad decides to break into the Shipley house alone. During her snooping she is shocked to encounter a 6 foot tall reptile man in long robes standing in the kitchen. Elsie screams and fumbles for her gun getting off one shot before the serpent man casts a spell driving her insane and presumably killing her as she screams at her hallucinations. The rest of the investigators are unaware of what happened to Elsie and are only able to hear a faint chopping sound emanating from the basement of the Shipley house once they return.